Sunday, July 15, 2007

The Beautiful People Club

Last night I partied with a "beautiful people" club. It was one of JP's friend's birthday and so we went to the bar to celebrate with her. I hadn't met these friends yet, so I was looking forward to it. I tease JP that he's a part of the "beautiful people" club. Most of his friends are very attractive and what I would consider out of my league. (At least they're the nice beautiful people instead of the snobby beautiful people.) As we're approaching the bar, he slides in that I'm going to think these are the BPC. Great. Now I'm a little nervous. I'm a pretty confident person, but I never want to be the couple that people look at and think, "Really? He's with her?" We had a great time and it was the perfect summer night to be at a patio bar. Everyone was so nice, I met some really great people and fit in well.



Well, the birthday girl had a bit too much to drink and needed someone to drive her home. Since she doesn't live too far away from us, we volunteered. I was going to drive her car and JP was going to follow behind. We went to valet to get our cars and hers pulled up first. Yeah... it was a $100,000+ BWM. So, not only was I with the "beautiful people" group, I was with the "rich, beautiful people group." JP's BWM pulled up behind and, as much as he loves his car, he was SO jealous that I was driving this one! His friend and I gabbed the whole way home and she's such a sweet girl. We're traded phone numbers and we planned on setting up a driving range date sometime soon. Not sure how drunk she was, or if she'll remember, but nonetheless, I drove a $100,000 car. It was a good night. :)

**********************************************************************************


Getting ready to go to the thing most women dread throughout their adult lives -- a wedding shower. Now, don't get me wrong, I love my dear college friend, but no matter how much you adore the bride-to-be, showers suck. I'm going to guess this, "Garden Party" won't have those stupid games, but keep your fingers crossed. Nothing like ooohing and aahhing about what a great set of bowls she registered for...

7 comments:

David said...

I assume this was a 90210 BPC, not a Marilyn Manson BPC? :-P Sounds like a good evening, despite your concerns. Some times part of the wall that goes up is anticipated demeanor, so an actual honest encounter never happens and cool people are never met. But I doubt you have anything to be worried about, and belong in that club as much as any of them.

Mendy said...

You sound so much like me. I usually feel very uncomfortable around people like that. I often look at myself and wonder those things, too. But, I'm really glad that it turned out the way you didn't expect it too, and they weren't snobby. I dislike rich, snobby people so much.

MNFirefly said...

You. drove. a. BMW?! WOW! How cool is that?!

Mendy said...

Sunshine! Where are you? You okay?

David said...

Hey, did you leave us for the BPC?

Mendy said...

Sunshine, Sunshine, where are you?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.