Monday, May 05, 2008

Emotional Rollercoaster

That about sums up last week.

Between two funerals last week, being asked to be maid of honor for my college roommate, JP being out of town (although I had some beautiful flowers waiting for me on Monday when I got home from work... best boyfriend ever!), several pints of my favorite Canadian brew and spending a few days in my childhood bedroom (gotta love mom pampering you again... making breakfast, laying out fresh towels, etc.), the emotions were flying high and wide last week.

With the exception of last Monday, I didn't get any running in last week. I was still out of sorts during the weekend, so today marks a new week and a fresh start. Yes, I'm even passing up pitchers of Cinco de Mayo fun tonight!!!!

My college roommate's wedding is the day before both the Detroit Marathon and Grand Rapids Marathon. So... those two races are out. I checked into Chicago but registration is already closed. I checked into one of the sponsorship charities and to run with them I have to pay $110 registration and raise at least $900. That's a small price to pay, in the bigd picture of it, but I'm not sure I can raise that much. Need to mull it over a bit more.

In a bit of a haze today, so hopefully tonight's run will clear things out and I'll start feeling like my old self again. :)

4 comments:

Crissy Rae said...

You had quite to busy week last week. Hope this week finds things settling down for you and you get out there and enjoy your run.

P.O.M. said...

Welcome back. I hope the sunshine comes back in your life :)

Jess said...

Sorry to hear that things were in the pooper last week. Hope things get back to normal this week.

You wouldn't happen to be Mouse's MOH would you?

Mendy said...

Sorry to hear about the bad week. Hopefully, it will turn around for you soon. Like what p.o.m said. :-)

Hope you find your marathon too!