Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I'm running in the rain...

... what a glorious feeling...

Based on my last 3 out of 4 long runs, it has rained like crazy. I'm not sure if this is a sign that race day is going to be rainy, or hot and sunny and I won't be prepared. ;)

After taking off two weeks ago (trained on the bike and stretched like a mad woman) due to a sore Achilles tendon, I was unsure how to handle last week. I took it easy during the week with some nice and easy 4 milers. I felt pretty good and was glad that I did take some time off -- no mater how hard it is to do it. The long run was a scheduled 16-miler, which I bumped down to 12 miles. I wanted to get a decent run in, but didn't want to end up back on the injured list.

I had no big expectations for the run, just wanted to gt through painfree. I was pleasantly surprised on how it went.

Mile 1: 10:10
Mile 2: 10:02
Mile 3-4: 19:42
Mile 5: 9:48
Mile 6: 9:48
Mile 7: 9:45
Mile 8: 9:44
Mile 9: 9:35
Mile 10: 9:20
Mile 11: 9:20
Mile 12: 9:47

It was raining steadily when I started, but when I hit mile 9, the heavens opened and it POURED!! It poured so hard, the raindrops started to hurt a bit. It was kinda fun, but I was relieved to get to my car and change into a dry shirt! When I got home, I literally wrung out my shirt and shorts!

Sunday I came down with a 24-hour flu or something and didn't get out of bed. Yesterday, I was still feeling a little shaky and pretty weak from not eating anything the day before. Looking forward to getting back to it later today!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

12 painfree miles in the rain. Well done!!

B.o.B. said...

Great run! I have turned into a rain runner myself. Big fan of rain on hot summer days.

Crissy Rae said...

Glad to hear you got your 12 miles in without pain, although it sucks you got sick afterward...blame it on the rain!

MNFirefly said...

Nice job on the splits!