Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Post-race week -- so much time!

It was a good week off. So good, I barely knew what to do with all of my free time. :) No class, no training. What's a girl to do with herself? Cram in everything she's been putting off until after the marathon.

Monday I had the day off, and fully enjoyed it. My massage was great and I was still in the runners high from the race. (Although I was f-ing tired -- physically and mentally!)

Tuesday was Halloween, and mouse and I had a grand time. Our townhouse is set up so the living area is all upstairs. During the day, I get an email from mouse saying we should camp down in our foyer since neither of us were able to run up and down the stairs for the trick-or-treaters. GREAT IDEA! I picked up take-out on my way home, we packed a cooler of beer, took the candy bowl down and were all set. I haven't enjoyed Halloween so much in years!

Wednesday, mouse and I went to the Piston's home opener with some friends. It was a sad sight and I kept expecting to see Big Ben tearing down the ball from the boards. I still have faith in my boys, but one word: rebound. The highlight of the night came when we found out we had access to a pole dancing instructor. A friend of one of the girls in our group teaches and we were all more than excited to take a lesson. Mouse and I have been talking about it for a long time, but never, honestly, thought we'd ever do it. We volunteered to host it (we have cathedral ceilings) and everyone agreed much drinking must take place BEFORE the actual lesson. Oh man, this is going to be fun!

Thursday, JP and I had a great date night at The Melting Pot to celebrate my promotion! and my race. It was the perfect date and we had such a nice time together. And, The Melting Pot is some good stuff! I was counting down the hours until I could stuff myself silly with cheese and chocolate fondue. That afternoon was also a big surprise, when a box came to my office for me. A friend mailed a huge ass bottle of champagne and two glasses to congratulate me for my promotion. What a great day!!

Friday, I went to see Borat. I didn't care for it. Enough said. (And, if you've seen it... I still can't get the naked fighting out of my head. GROSS!!!)

Saturday, mouse and I went to the U of M game. We had a great time tailgating with some friends. Lots of laughs and several beers later, we made it into the stadium. At the end of the 3rd quarter. However, we still managed to get hit on by an undergrad. The convo went something like this:

boy: Do you mind if I stand here
me: Sure. Now I don't have to worry about falling off the end.
boy: I wouldn't let you fall.
boy: So... are you a senior?
me: (laughing) yeah.... a few years ago...

Sweet - got hit on by a sophmore. Granted, I did sound like a undergrad, being that I was afraid I was going to fall of the end of the bench. And, the guy in front of me was pretty cool since he never got upset that I kept falling into him as I was losing my balance.

Mouse, Mo and I were all set for a night out (it's been a long time since we've all gone out), but unfortnately there was a change of plans. After the game, mouse and I went to an Ethiopian resturant. (Can you sense where this is going?) We got home, took a nap and both woke up not feeling so hot. We weren't sure either of us could make it to the store, so I called JP and asked him to bring Maalox and Gatorade. Needless to say, we didn't go out that night.

Sunday, Mouse, JP and I had a leisurely chocolate chip pancake breakfast. It was so great. The week prior, we were running around Detroit and here we were enjoying a nice cup of coffee. It was a little strange, but I think that breakfast tasted a little bit sweeter since we weren't training and could relax and enjoy it a bit more. And, let me just tell you. Mouse can make some mean chocolate chip pancakes!

So, that was my relaxing week off. Yesterday, I returned to the gym to get back into things. I ran an easy two miles and stretched a lot. Also threw in some push ups and crunches. Nothing too crazy, but I wanted to do something. Tonight I didn't feel like it, so I didn't go. Ahhh... how nice.

Thursday is my procedure, so I'm sure tomorrow's post will be about some pre-night jitters.The doctor's office called me today and said that my pain level has to be at least a 4 (on a scale of 1 to 10) for them to do it. I laughed and told her that wouldn't be a problem. It's never been as low as a 4 since this all started, and it's been especially bad over the last month. As much as I wish I wouldn't have to do it, I'm actually looking forward to it. I need some relief and I'm hoping this will work. Anyway, that's tomorrow's rant. :)


Unknown said...

Congrads on the promotion!! You go girl!

Chocolate chip pancakes....yummm! I hope they were just as good as the chocolate chip waffles, but able to stuff more of them in my mouth.

Good luck on Thursday. Things will go well for you. But it's okay to have the jitters too.

E-Speed said...

sounds like a great week girl! I hope your procedure goes well.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a really fantastic week! Congrats on the race and the promotion and finding a cute boy to have melting pot dates with!! :)

I will send you good vibes on Thursday!

Radioactive Tori said...

Good luck with the procedure! Hope you finally get some relief!

The Melting Pot is one of my favorite places!