Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Re-dedicated Runner

I feel like such a bum! I'm still in comfy clothes at 6:30 p.m. (read: I went from my PJs to another paid of PJ pants and a t-shirt), haven't left the house all day and am currently sitting on the couch with my foot up. This is not the life. When I had surgery a couple years ago, all I could do was watch movies for 2 months. I swore I would never wish I could just stay home and watch a movie ever again. And, I never have. Sitting that long will do that to ya...

Seriously, I'm very fortunate to have such super cool clients, who actually insisted I work from home while I'm on crutches.

While I can't physically work out, I've been mentally planning out my next training plan. After getting full approval from my doctor and e-a-s-i-n-g into it, of course. I'm re-dedicating myself to being in the best shape of my life -- working out, eating right and loving every second of it. Here's a glimpse of what I'm thinking...

Yoga: Pre-work yoga (at least 3 times a week)


Running: Train hard and grab that sub-4:00 marathon! (including repeat, hill and speed workouts)


Weights: Focus on weights. I dabble in it, but haven't really become dedicated to it since working out with my old trainer, Ricky. Being strong is so important, and I'm GOING to do it.


Cross-training: My last couple of marathon training plans haven't included cross-training because of the intensity of the running schedule. I want to get into spinning/cycling and swimming. Hmmm.... does anyone see a tri somewhere in the future...

Healthy Diet: I've gotten away from the whole wheat pastas, been eating out too much and portions are bigger than I need (I totally agree when people say women gain weight the 1st year in a relationship. JP and I have always been active and healthy eaters, but we've re-dedicated ourselves to be as healthy as we can be... as healthy as we can be with a trip to DQ every once in awhile...)

I always like Nike ads, but this Nike Shox ad really illustrates how I feel about my plan. Now, if only I could get rid of these crutches... :)

6 comments:

Crissy Rae said...

Sounds like a good plan you have laid out there. I would be having a tough time with all that down time, too. It's one thing to choose to not be active, it's quite another when you have no choice. Heal soon.

Jess said...

That looks like an excellent plan! And wow, a sub 4 hour marathon? That's an awesome goal!

P.O.M. said...

Fantastic plan.
I, too need to get back on the weights thing. If only I had 2 or 3 more hours in a day that didn't involve work. ha ha.

Unknown said...

Seems like you've laid out a nice plan. I know you're probably going stir crazy, but being able to lay out a nice plan is one benefit of some down time.

Hope you're back at things soon!!

Mendy said...

That sucks that you're stuck inside. I wish I had days like that, then probably would feel the same way you do now after 4 or 5 of them. Get better, so you can get back out there! I love your plan.

Radioactive Tori said...

Triathlons! I can't wait until I read that you are going to do one!

I have been slacking this summer and need to make my own plan to get back on track!