Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Home Sweet Home

A tad exhausted, but happy to be home!

Saturday was a FABULOUS time out celebrating with my college roommate! Last big night out as a single gal! We partied in our hotel, downtown Grand Rapids, had a delish dinner at a great tapas place and then danced until 3 a.m. (Yes, my foot was killing me by the end of the night. And, I wore flats!). Still not a fan of the other two bridesmaids, but after the wedding I'll hopefully not have to interact with them again. It makes me so livid that they can't get past themselves to remember that this is all about our friend. Grrr.... Oh well, we didn't let them ruin our good time! :)

Sunday I packed up and headed to hot and humid Houston for work. Not the best biz trip ever... it's sad when the highlight of the trip was a first-time experience at a Waffle House. Hahahahaha -- I do have to admit the hashbrowns were good (unless I was just starving and they tasted good!). JP and I literally passed in the air today -- I was heading home when he was heading to Houston. Too bad we couldn't coordinate better and try to have lunch or something in Texas. :)

Plus, his brother was on the way down to visit their father. Today was a very busy travel day. Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes. JP's dad is home recovering now and in great spirits. Please keep the healing thoughts coming -- I appreciate it more than you know!

4 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a fun time. It also sounds like those two bridesmaids are pretty immature ?!?

Crissy Rae said...

At least you and the bride had a good time..to hell with the other bridesmaids.

Glad JPs dad is doing better!

Jess said...

At least you had fun with the bride. That's what counts the most.

Unknown said...

Glad you had a fun time with the bride-to-be.

And waffle house....yum!!