Monday, November 03, 2008

1 mile down...

The doctor gave me the okay a bit ago to start running, but life took over and I haven't had a chance to get out and run. This weekend was beautiful and we actually didn't have a ton of things planned. So, I got up early Saturday morning and went for my prescribed 1 mile run.

It felt so great to be out there! It was only a mile, but I was given strict instructions that the first run was to be 1 mile, the second run 1.5, etc. Sadly, I was a little sore the next day, but still smiling for being out there.

Didn't get my 1.5 in yesterday, but my gym bag is packed and waiting for me in the car. No excuses -- I am going to the gym tonight!

Hello, body... I'm back! :)

5 comments:

Neese said...

yay! welcome back lil' miss sunshine!

P.O.M. said...

That's all it takes... one mile at a time.
Glad you're back!

Unknown said...

Woot! Go knock out 1.5 and enjoy every moment of it. :-)

teacherwoman said...

Yeah! You're back! :)

Gotta Run..... said...

Stick with your plan and your life will adjust to your running schedule again.