Monday, August 20, 2007

Sick Day

Ugg. I'm home sick. This morning when the alarm went off, my body was not cooperating with me. At first, I thought I was just tired (like every Monday morning) and hit snooze. My body was sore and my legs felt "weird" and I knew that I wasn't going to make it into the office. Around 7:30 a.m., I called in and went back to bed. Fast forward to 1:45 p.m., when I finally woke up and got out of bed.

Now, since I'm like most of the world, even though I'm not feeling well and my head feels like it's going to explode, I dragged out my laptop and jumped online. Why do we do this? I'm all about new technology, but when did it become acceptable to constantly email, check voicemail, call into meetings when we're on vacation or sick? Anyway, that's another post all togeher. I did a few emails, but my client yelled at me and told me I better not be on our 2:30 p.m. call. I've already looked ahead to tomorrow and it's going to be a monster of a day!

Quick recap on the weekend. Saturday, JP went to Cedar Point and I enjoyed the day to myself. I went running and did a ball workout, went shopping, cleaned, read a magazine and just relaxed. Sunday was pretty low-key. JP and I went grocery shopping and made dinner for his family. I don't get freaked out like I used to, cooking for a party of seven. I'm getting better and everyone seemed to enjoy it. I may not freak out, but I still get nervous as everyone is taking the first bit. It's especially challenging since I don't eat meat, so I can't taste test the food before serving. :) It's always a good ego boost when people request seconds.

Well, my head is about to explode so I better turn off the computer to get some rest. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

Feel better soon, Sunshine!