Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Girls Weekend

Was SO much fun!!!! We were planning on a long weekend on the beach, but the weather decided not to cooperate with us. It was cloudy and sprinking throughout the day on Friday, but cleared up enough for us to explore the festival that happened to be this past weekend. Now, it wasn't the cheesy street fairs you normally think of when you think city festival. It was blocks and blocks and blocks of food vendors, outside bars, and booths from local businesses. We bought a wrist band for $1 to roam the streets with alcohol. There were three stages, and Friday night we saw The Beach Boys. They were on the main stage, which was also on the HUGE big screen a few blocks down. It was packed and everyone was having a great time. It ended at 11pm, so we hit up a few local bars/clubs.

Saturday, it was pouring. The beach was clearly out of the question, so we ended up going on a winery tour. We hit up four winery's and had a wonderful time. The first place was a, "serve yourself." Okay! Don't mind if we do. All four were free of charge, and we were drinking full wine glasses. Let's just say that we fully enjoyed ourselves! It cleared up enough that night, so we hit up the festival again. There was a great band and, again, visited the local establishments.

On Sunday it wasn't raining, and the sun actually was out. Went running at the state park (got attacked by killer black flies) for an easy 6 miles and then we decided to check out the beach. We were there... in jeans and a long sleeve t-shirt. It was freaking cold and the waves had white caps. All in all, it was a great weekend and a long overdue time with the girls.

I took Monday off and lounged by the pool all day. It was so nice - took a few naps, read a magazine, took a few more naps. A perfect end to a long overdue vacation!

Last night I had a good workout with Ricky and tonight I had a nice 6 mile run. It was suppose to be a pace run, but since the Crim is this weekend I decided to just take it easy. Splits were as follows:

Mile 1: 8:42
Mile 2: 8:46
Mile 3: 8:55
Mile 4: 8:54
Mile 5: 8:47
Mile 6:8:52

I was a bit annoyed because I forgot my cute, little iPod but it still worked out. The downside to being without? I was actually able to hear all of the catcalls and honking at me as I ran. Seriously, I am in shors and a tank top because I am disgustingly sweaty and smelly. Not because I try to look good while working out. You are in a car going at least 40 mph and can't really see what I look like anyway. So, stop being a jackass.

Well, I need to go to bed so I can get up and run in the morning.

5 comments:

MNFirefly said...

I always wondering what was going on in the background. I don't want to know. I know that the site in the weight room with all of the guys and I know that they stare when I don't look. I don't care. That's why I keep the iPod on so I don't hear that CRAP!

Good luck on the run tommorow.

MK said...

Sounds like a great weekend! :)

Rebecca said...

sounds like you had an amazing time!!!

question: do you do most of your running on a treadmill or out and about on trails?

i'm thinking for the next couple of weeks i may try it on the treadmill. not quite sure if it would be better to continue on the trials since thats probably as close as its going to be on race day.

Radioactive Tori said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! In answer to your question, I still don't know when I am going to go to Miami! They are only filming through September, so it must be pretty soon. I am waiting patiently so far...

Neese said...

excellent splits!