Thursday, August 17, 2006

Procrastinating

I am one of the best procrastinators around... especially when it comes to packing. I very much dislike packing!!!

Tonight I did my long run since I'm going to be out of town for the weekend. I'm doing the Crim next weekend (10 mile race), so I did a nice easy 11 1/2 miler tonight. I was planning on doing 12, but it was getting too dark and I didn't feel comfortable being out there alone. It was a great run and I felt as if I could have kept going. What a wonderful feeling! Splits were as follows:

Mile 1 - 9:21
Mile 2 - 9:15
Mile 3 - 9:24
Mile 4 - 9:26
Mile 5- 7 - 26:48
Mile 8 - 9:02
Mile 9 - 8:34
Mile 10 - 8:56
Mile 11 - 8:56
Mile 11 1/2 - 4:30

As you see, I got a little crazy during mile 9. I think Ice Cube's, "Put Your Ass Into It" came on during this mile. I LOVE that song!!! Yay for ghetto booty music!!! :)

On a non-running note, things with the boy are going well. I'm working to be more flexible with my schedule, but holding firm to not seeing him too frequently. I told him (again) I enjoy my independence and that I refuse to just go ahead and drop my life. He assured me he understood and wouldn't want to be with someone that did. So, I guess I'll just have fun and see what happens.

Well, I better get packing... uggh.

5 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Awesome splits, girlie! I have a song that really gets me moving too while running.

Great news with the guy!

Rebecca said...

seriously...i'm amazed at your time. thats great!!

and yes, glad to be back. safe. with all my luggage!

Neese said...

those are fantasticly fast splits!!! i will have to make note of that song for my long run this sunday!

have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Nice run. And defintely maintain your own life - he will love you for that in the end.

Mike said...

I'm not sure how I stumbled onto your site, but I am glad I did. I am also a runner who got sidelined because of a painful injury, which I am still dealing with four months later.

Here's to the hope that one day we will be running pain free (except for the running pains, I think we runners enjoy those, as reminders of accomplishment.)