Saturday, August 05, 2006

What a great day for a run!

Great run this morning! It was cool (mid 60s when I started and mid 70s when I finished) and not humid - a welcome change from last week. As I set off for my 16-miler, I was focusing on relaxing and just enjoy running. Okay, okay. Yes, I wasn't going to worry about splits, but in the back of my head I was going to be happy to average at about a 9:45 pace. I felt great and could have kept going when I was done. My pace? 9:23!

Mile 1: 10:03
Mile 2: 9:49
Mile 3: 9:40
Mile 4-7: 37:26
Mile 8: 9:28
Mile 9: 9:18
Mile 10-13: 36:41
Mile 14: 9:15
Mile 15: 9:08
Mile 16: 9:20

Around mile 8, I started getting a twinge in my left knee. Around mile 10, my quads tightened up. They loosened up for a couple of miles, tightened up for a couple of miles, and finally loosened up at the end. Although I felt great when I was finished, my legs were sore right away, so lots and lots of stretching afterwards. All I can say is, I'm happy to be a runner again! :)

Another thing I'm happy to be a part of again? Dating. JP and I had a great time last night. Since I had a long run today and didn't want to be out late, we had a low key night of dinner and talking at Starbucks. He has such diverse interests, that I love talking with him. For instance, he is interested in astronomy (he was going to suprise me by taking me to a planatarium last night, but dinner went too late), he loves, and knows, wine (he's going to find a wine class for us to take), and he is a pretty talented soccer player (he was asked to try out for his country's national team). He's cute, but there is something about his personality that makes him so attractive. Mouse was telling me this about a guy she knows (note to mouse: he, he, he), but I didn't quite understand. NOW I get it! I've had a girls night out planned for tonight for a couple of months, so we're going out again tomorrow. Not sure what we're doing - he said it's a surprise and I won't know until we get there. Before I met him, I vowed that I was through dating complete jerks. He's so sweet, and I think the end of my current dating drought started off with a good one. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice run.
And glad to hear about the date. Enjoy!

MNFirefly said...

***applause*** Way to go with the guy. You have a keeper. Now you HAVE to tell us about your date tommorow night.

Awesome run!!

Taunya said...

Wow! Great run! Nice date too. I'm happy that you have found what appears to be a good one. Do let us know what happens on that 2nd date.

MK said...

Ohh send the cool weather my way!

So excited to hear about your boy. It's nice to live vicariously through someone else's dating experiences!

I hope you have a great date! :)

SRR said...

hmmmm...opposites attract maybe?

Jess said...

Sounds like you had a dream weather!

Neese said...

excellent run!
and the date sounds lovely!

Djogya after the Quakes said...

hi. i read ur new blog! have a nice date!
So, hows ur health? mine was much better now after i went to singapore to check my cysts.hope the best for u.