Saturday, December 30, 2006

First meeting - a success

After feeling like I had elephants instead of butterflies in my stomach, I'm happy to report that the first meeting with JP's dad went very well. We had a nice visit and dinner out, and I must say, I'm thinking about taking a French class now. JP was VERY good about being my personal interpreter. When put on the spot, I busted out the few phrases and random words I knew, but other than that I was pretty much at JP's mercy to follow a conversation.

Later tonight is dinner again, which should be fun. His dad is such a nice guy and I think is confident (already) that I am taking good care of his youngest son. However, he did give me a list of fruits and vegatables, with instructions that I must incorporate more of these in JP's diet. Thank goodness, too. I've been trying for quite a while, with limited success. :)

On another note, I've pretty much decided that I'm not going to be getting a dog anytime soon. I'm dog sitting a friend's dog, Oscar, while they are in Florida. I've had Oscar here before, and never had any problems. In fact, he kept me good company shortly after my surgery. This time is another story. Let's see. First, he VOMITED ALL OVER MY ROOM LAST NIGHT. Yeah, vomited in four spots on my bedroom floor. I was rushing around trying to get ready for dinner, and had to stop to clean up dog throw up and try to comfort Oscar since he clearly wasn't feeling well. GROSS!!!!! My room pretty much has smelled like dog since he got here, but that was icing on the cake. This afternoon, since it was pretty nice outside, I opened a bunch of windows in attempt to air out our apartment. I cleaned, have had candles burning and spraying Febreze (best invention ever) at regular intervals. Not sure how excited I am to get a dog, or have children for that matter... :)

5 comments:

MNFirefly said...

The meeting with JP's dad sounds very nice.

As for the dog, eeeeeeeeewwwww! If you need to get anymore the vomit out of the carpet, go to a pet store for the enzyme remover (can't think of the name right now). It should work plus baking soda for the odor. Good luck!

Radioactive Tori said...

I would rather have kids than a dog! I have had both, and the dog stays exactly the same, while the kids grow older and smarter, and in theory, easier to take care of. That being said, I may be willing to loan you an almost 3 year old child who is driving me bonkers. As much as I love him, he would (right now) probably convince you never to have children! Let me know if you want to take me up on this....

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that meeting JP's dad went well. and sorry to hear about the dog - they can be a challenge.

Neese said...

Happy New Year :o)

sunshine said...

hahahaha - sure I'll borrow your 3-year old. The kids in my neighborhood have pretty much made me want to never have kids. :) That, and, the fear of the worst pain in the world.