Thursday, December 28, 2006

Merry Christmas

Hope all had a wonderful holiday! Mine was absolutely wonderful, although very exahusing! Christmas Eve started with church with my family, dinner and opening gifts with my extended family. JP fit right in, and my little cousins became very attached to him. From there, we drove the hour back home to spend the rest of the night with his family. Their tradition is to open gifts at midnight. It was a lot of fun, but made for a long day. I think we got to bed around 3am. His whole family spoiled me and gave me some wonderful gifts.

Christmas morning, a mere five hours later, we woke up and headed back down to my parents. We had breakfast, opened gifts and had a huge dinner. Later that afternoon, we drove back home and had dinner with his family. By this time, both of us were completely exhausted and feel asleep at his sister's house. We felt so bad, but there was no way either of us could keep our eyes open for one more second.

We have enjoyed being able to spend so much time together this week, as both of us are off of work. And, with friends home for the holidays! And... since his gift didn't arrive on time, Christmas has been extended a little. It just came this afternoon, so he'll get it tonight when he comes over for dinner. Finally! :) He was so good about it when I broke the news to him. Actually, he ended up comforting me more than anything because I was so bummed. I did print out a picture and wrapped it up. And, since I felt so bad I ended up getting him a book, too, so he'd have a little more to open on Christmas Eve.

His dad comes into town tomorrow, so the next few days should be fun. Still really nervous about meeting him, but also looking forward to it. I'm sure some interesting tales to follow.

No comments: