Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sticking with it

I totally was not feeling the gym tonight on my way home. But, the 5k looms before me so somehow my car steered itself over to the gym. Earlier today I was kinda hoping to get an outside run in since it's been warmer (a whole 45*). Unfortunately, it's raining like crazy and it gets dark too darn soon. So, the gym it was.

I started running on the track and, for some reason, was just in a pissy mood. Knowing that I needed to just keep going and my mood would mostly likely change, I turned on some Kid Rock on my iPod and kept going. I can't say I was in the best mood ever when I finished my 3 miles (about 9:30 pace), but I wasn't quite as grumpy. I finshed with some ab, arm and core work on the mat. I'd like to get some weight training in, but I decided it would probably be best to focus on cardio, do the 5k and then incorporate weights back into my workouts. Honestly, I was afraid I'd be way to sore and the race wouldn't be as fun.

Anway, gonna turn off the computer and read for a bit before heading to bed. Night!

No comments: