Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Clock is Ticking...

Holy Crap! Just got an email reminder about the Martian Invasion race... it's really creeping up! But, I haven't forgetten my two goals:

Goal 1: Be mentally tough.
Goal 2: Be consistent.

Tuesday's run was inside, due to the snow flurries outside. It was a pretty good 5 mile run and I was pretty good with my goals.

Mile 1: 9:56
Mile 2: 9:41
Mile 3: 9:52 -- The "be mentally tough" goal was a struggle on this one. My legs felt weak and I really need to focus on strength training. It makes such a big difference!
Mile 4: 9:52
Mile 5: 8:56 -- I was "in the zone" and feeling good. Not really consistent, but I was ready to be done.

Yesterday, it was warm and sunny so I took advantage and ran outside. I was scheduled to do 10 x 400 m, but I was in a time crunch due to the setting sun, so I did a quick 3.5 mile run. It was about a 9:45 pace, but I'm still not sure of approx. mile markers on my route so this is an educated guess.

Looking forward to my schedule 3 mile run tonight!

1 comment:

Mendy said...

You're doing great! So glad the weather is somewhat cooperating for you. Looking forward already to that race report. Just enjoy it!!!! and the miles will tick away quickly, especially at that pace.