Monday, March 09, 2009

The List

All winter I was looking ahead to which races I would choose to fill up my racing calendar. Today, I started the "official" list. Non-runners just don't understand the excitement of it. Planning out training, picking new races and thinking about all the gear I get to buy. I'm getting excited just thinking about it. Today, I picked four races for my upcoming schedule.

April 4 - Martian Meter 5K: I've done the Martian Half, and since I'm coming back from an injury, the full was out of the question. It's a great local race, right in Dearborn, and who doesn't love a race with aliens lining the course?

May 17 - Race for Your Memories: Kensington Park is my "home course" so to speak. Training there every weekend, I know every little twist and turn of the path. Plus, this one is in honor of Grandma K, who is suffering from Alzheimer's.

June 13 – Flirt with Dirk 10K: I love any race that Running Fit puts on and this one has been on my “gotta run” list for years. Trail running makes me remember what running is all about. It’s tough. It give you that-in your face-there’s a reason not everyone does this-holy crap was that an awesome run-feeling.

October 18 – Detroit Free Press Marathon: Every marathon I run, I try to pick one I’ve never done before. I’ve done Detroit, but there’s just something about running at home. Besides the easier logistics (I’m all about sleeping in my own bed the night before), it’s awesome to see the city by foot. Plus, the crowds are huge and so many of my friends and family came to cheer me on last time. There are a few races in the running, but I’m leaning towards running the “D” again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WoooHooo!! Planning is half the fun!!

teacherwoman said...

Looks like a great list! How exciting!