Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Sensory Overload

It was indeed a pretty good weekend.

Saturday I made breakfast and did a bunch of stuff around the house while my food settled so I could go to the gym. Just as I was about to walk out the door, I started to get a headache. Thinking it would subside once I started working out, I continued on my way. Yeah. It didn't go away. After about 5 minutes on the eliptical, I knew this wasn't going to go well. My head was POUNDING! I endured that for about 20 minutes before I called it quits. I did a quick ab/core workout and called it a day. I went home, showered, took some alleve and laid down for a couple hours.

By evening, I felt okay enough to meet up some friends for dinner. We went to a new Mexican place and we pretended we were on a sunny beach, sipping fruity drinks. The food here is great and they have an entire menu dedicated to tequilla. What's not to love about it????

Sunday, I got up and did a decent yoga workout. My head was still hurting a bit and I wasn't brave enough to try another grueling gym trip. Streteching and relaxing my muscles did wonders and I felt better all day.

We completely endulged our senses for the rest of the day. We went to a wine tasting fundraiser. YUM! Wines from around the world, cigars for the boys and some fabulous cheeses and other yummy apps. It was a swanky little place, and definitely one of those hidden gems. I'm sure we'll be back to enjoy again!

Afterwards, we went downtown Detroit to Mexican Town for dinner. We stuffed ourselves silly and then loaded up at a local Mexican bakery. Holy cow we ate a lot. But was it good!


Last night when I was headed to they gym, I realized I had forgotten some of my gear. Since it is FREAKING cold here, I just wasn't in the mood to go home, grab it and go back out. Excuses, I know, but that's just how it was going to go. Besides, I had job searching to do and could use those extra couple of hours. But, all of my stuff is in the car and I'm gonna have a kick-butt workout tonight!



No comments: