Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Two Dreaded Words...

Stress Fracture

Went to the doctor this afternoon and my fear was confirmed. I have a stress fracture. It didn't appear on the x-ray, but apparently it won't show for a little while. Who knew it didn't show up until after the body starts working to heal it.

I'm in a wrap and little shoew now, and a follow up appointment next week. No running, extra walking, swimming... in fact, I can't get the soft wrap wet. NOT what I was looking for, but it was what I expected. We'll see how it feels next week and hopefully we caught it earlier enough.

4 comments:

MNFirefly said...

Oh crap! That stinks!

Crissy Rae said...

That sucks chica! Hope you heal quickly and can get back to the running real soon :)

Radioactive Tori said...

Oh I'm sorry! I hope you feel better fast!

Mendy said...

Oh that just sucks, Sunshine. Get better girl and take care of it. The quicker you take care of it, the quicker you'll be back on the road.