Thursday, June 05, 2008

Week 3 -- The Turning Point

Had a kick-butt run in the humid, humid weather. My 6-miler felt great and I wasn't ready for it to be over with at the end. Great sign, huh? It was an approximate 6 miles (I think I went a little long), so my approximate pace was 9:31. Not super speedy, but it just felt like a solid run.

Tonight are half mile repeats and I'm actually really excited for it! I'm one of those sick freaks that loved hard workouts in high school and my teammates hated me for it. :)

I'm in week 3 of training, and I'm starting to feel like I'm in shape and actually training, not just running to run. It's a great feeling and I'm really looking forward to the point where I just feel strong. Ya know?

Vacation day tomorrow -- whoo hoo. Here I come piles of laundry, closet that need organizing and dust bunnies that are multiplying underneath my bed! (Some times you just need a day to get life back into order...)

1 comment:

Crissy Rae said...

Sounds like the running is falling into place nicely. I'm still in the beginning stages with that and, with Florida being a sauna now, it's even tougher. I shall persevere!

Hope you had a great vacation day and got lots of stuff done.