Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back from Vaca!

I'm so far behind on catching up on everyone's lives... So, first, I hope everyone is healthy and happy. Here's a quick snapshot so I'm not totally MIA!

Vacation was wonderful and we had a fabulous time exploring the Upper Penisula of Michigan! Lots of hiking, biking (yup, biking) and just enjoying a slower pace. Plus, no cell coverage so there was no interruptions.

Since we enjoyed biking Mackinac Island so much, when we came home we went out and bought mountain bikes. Keep in mind, I haven't had a bike since my pink Huffy, so this was a major step up for me. Hand brakes, what? ;)

While we had a great time, our vacation was cut a bit short. It was discovered that JP's dad had a tumor on his colon and needed surgery right away. We couldn't be with him, but being home made us feel a little more secure. He had surgery last night and, unfortuntely, the tumor was cancerous. We don't have a lot of details yet, but we're hoping for the best. I'll probably be MIA for a bit longer, but I promise to post our kick-ass photos from our trip. And, of my new Giant Yukon bike (still really doesn't mean much to me, but maybe some of your cyclists will know...)!

Please keep us in your thoughts...

5 comments:

Laura said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you had a nice vacation, but am sorry to hear of JP's dad's tumor. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Unknown said...

welcome back.

ooooh new bikey. please show pics.

sorry about JPs Dad. May he heal quickly and completely.

teacherwoman said...

Glad to hear your back! You are all in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Jess said...

Welcome back. Glad you had such a nice vacation!

Crissy Rae said...

Glad you had a great vacation. Hope things turn out well for JPs dad. News like that is never what you want to hear but you guys will get through it.