Friday, September 05, 2008

Two steps forward, two steps ... down

... 'cuz opposites attract... (here's a little old school Paula for you this fine Friday morning).




Two steps forward:
Last night I rocked the gym! I did 30 minutes on the ellipitcal and was dying about 5 minutes into it. After getting the rust out, I really enjoyed being active again. Afraid of waking up to super sore muscles, I only went 30 minutes instead of the typical 60 minutes. After all, I should be easing into it.

After a good cardio workout, I did about 45 minutes of upper body strength training. Perhaps a bit ambitious, but it just felt so great doing it, I couldn't help myself. A tad sore this morning, so I'm sure I won't be able to hold a glass of water tomorrow!

Two steps... down?
After a successful entry back into the workout world, what do I do this morning? Fall. Yep, I fell on my foot... the injured one. It's actually quite funny, and only I would do something like this. I set my alarm clock across the room so I have to physcially get up to turn it off. Otherwise, I would just lean over, turn it off and never get to work. I got up, swung my leg out, put my toes down on the ground and... fell. I'm not sure if my toes couldn't hold the weight until my heel hit the ground, or if I feel back asleep before my entire foot hit the ground. Either way, I went down with toes bended. This is especially bad because I've been spending the last 2 1/2 months focusing on NOT bending my toes so it could heal. It really hurt at the time and now my foot is still a tad sore. Taking complete precaution, I opted for running shoes to the office today. Not the most professional look, but I'm not taking any chances of starting back to square one!

Anyway... looking forward to a packed weekend. A few dinner and drinks with friends, yet another wedding shower, and time with the fam. Hope everyone has a fab weekend!

5 comments:

Jess said...

That's terrible about the fall! Careful there.

Unknown said...

getting out of bed in the morning can be killer! you have proof!

teacherwoman said...

That morning stuff can be a real doozy. Be careful! :)

... so sounds like something I would do....

Mendy said...

Bummer on the fall. I hear ya on getting back in the workout routine and being a little bit ambitious. I went to the gym the other day to lift and ended up spending 1hr 20 min and I'm SOOOO sore today.

Be careful!

MNFirefly said...

OWWWWWWWWW! That sucks!