Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Belated, GM

I've been MIA because I've been working on GM's 100th birthday. Lots of work has been going on over the last few years, gearing up for the big day -- Sept. 16. I only been working on it for the last few weeks, so I really shouldn't be complaining. It's been a lot of LONG hours and I'm exhausted. The effort was well worth it though, the event was great and we had lots and lots of media activity. However, I really do say that you know you work too much when you eat all three meals at the office, work weekends and see your co-workers more than you significant other. :)

I'm pretty exhausted (wait, did I say that already?) and cannot wait to head out of town tomorrow for a week-long vaca! We're heading up to the U.P. where we'll do lots of hiking, biking, and "up north" things. Wish us luck that both of our ankles/foot hold up. We're quite the injured pair -- he needs ankle surgery for a soccer injury and my stress fracture is on the mend.

It should be beautiful this time of year, since the leaves change color up there about two weeks before they do in the lower part of the state. JP's never been up there, so I'm super excited for him to see everything. Lots of waterfalls, cool rock formations, lake-front activities (although it's gonna be cold...) and just relaxing!!!!!!!! (Plus, it'll help me not remember that my marathon should be this weekend...).

So, I'll be MIA for another week. But this time, for a much better reason!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Have a good vacation!!

MNFirefly said...

Enjoy your vacation. Take plenty of pics.

Crissy Rae said...

Vacation is the perfect way to recover from all your hard work at the office. Enjoy yourself and take lots of pictures!