Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A couple of random thoughts

Here's a few random tidbits on what has been going on in my life lately:

* First, and foremost, thanks for the advice. I have decided that I am going to wait until after the marathon to have the nerve blocks done. Not, entirely, because I'm being stubborn. I could totally have the blocks done now, and continue training. But, I really just want to get through the marathon and then deal with it. And, my class will be done (it's only an 8-week class) for the semester, so life will have slowed down a bit. Ironically, the day I decided this would be my plan, my abdomen hurt like hell. Hmmm... maybe I should reconsider... :) I think if I wait until training and class are over, I won't stress out about what I need to be doing instead of focusing on what's best for my body.

* Ran my first 20-miler of the training plan on Saturday. It wasn't bad, but by the last four miles, I was just ready to be done running. Splits are posted on my sporadically updated log, but it was about a 9:30 pace.

* Studying - it sure is hard to get back into the groove of things. The other night I was up until 2am. I was finally into it and decided that I was going to study until I couldnt' study anymore. My mid-term is next week and I'm not quite sure I'm ready for it.

* Work - I love what I do, but... I. Don't. Want. To. Talk. About. It.

* Michigan football - Go Blue!

* Earlier this week, I experienced the joys of going to get a suite altered. Still not quite sure why I had to be there, but I went because he asked me to go.

Well, class is about to start so I should get going.

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

Awesome job on the 20 miler!! Way to go!

Hang in there with the pain.

It took me a while to get used to studying again too when I started my Associate's Degree after being out of school for 5 years. Now it comes naturally for me. It's just finding a system that works for you.