Monday, September 04, 2006

What a weekend

This long weekend was pretty fun. Running, weddings, catching up on sleep and just enjoying some down time.

Friday, I worked from home which was a nice start to the weekend. Got a ton done, and was able to have a late lunch with JP. It's so nice that we live so close. Other guys that I have dated have lived far enough away that you couldn't decide to have a spur-of-the-moment lunch.

Saturday morning, I did an 18-miler and it felt okay. My splits weren't awesome, but I'm not going to freak out about it. The weather was cool and overcast - a big change from the scorching heat we had earlier this summer.

Mile 1: 9:56
Mile 2: 9:32
Mile 3: 9:26
Mile 4: 9:29
Mile 5: 9:12
Mile 6: 9:35
Mile 7-9: 28:26
Mile 10: 9:31
Mile 11: 9:23
Mile 12-14: 27:25
Mile 15: 9:33
Mile 16: 9:45
Mile 17: 9:43
Mile 18: 9:31

Later that afternoon, a friend of mine from high school got married. It was in my hometown, and since there was a lot of time between the ceremony and the reception, we went to my parent's so they could meet JP. It went well, and they liked each other. In fact, they invited us to go somewhere with them next weekend. Not sure how I feel about that... :) Surprisingly, I wasn't really nervous about it, but I'm definitely glad it went well! The reception wasn't all that great, so we left around 10:30pm. We had planned on going out with my friends Linds and Jason afterwards, and we ended up at this sweet wine bar. The atmosphere was very cool and the wine was excellent. Plus, it gave us a chance to talk and catch up instead of not being able to hear ourselves think at a club. It also gave my friends and JP a chance to get to know each other. That went well too, and Linds told me I had a keeper. That's always a nice thing to hear. :)

Yesterday, we had lunch with some of his siblings and then took advantage of the nice day by spending it at the metropark. It was a little strange being there and not running, but I have to admit it was kinda nice. For dinner, he took mouse and I out for Indian food. It was SO good and we all ate way too much. We were going to meet up with some of his friends later, but we were both in a food coma and decided to pass. Mmmmmm.... food...

Today we spent a little time together, but didn't do much. This afternoon I went trail running with three of my four teammates for Dances with Dirt. We did about 5 miles and it felt pretty good. The downhills were brutal - the pounding didn't feel all that great on my abdomen. I'm excited for next week's race, but getting a bit nervous. Hopefully I won't get stranded out in the middle of no where!

All in all, a great weekend. Wish it were longer, because I am so not looking forward to going into the office tomorrow.


MplsJu said...

Glad to hear things are going well with the boy! Sounds like it was a great weekend.

Also, I had to comment to say great job on using the correct tense in your last sentence - "were" instead of "was." (And now that I read this last sentence, I realize I've sealed my fate as Mouse's Dorkiest Friend.)

Rebecca said...


oh my, your doing so awesome on your training!!

i've officially been on a weeks hiatus of training. My time in New Jersey was unexpected and I ended up doing nothing.

I have no clue whether or not to continue with the marathon trainin or just run the half. either are pretty impressive but i dunno...

glad to hear things are going well with you!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going well with JP. That's great to hear!

Unknown said...

Very nice splits!

I agree with your friends - JP sounds like a keeper!!