Friday, September 29, 2006

Take a deep breath...

Wednesday was my midterm... I'm not feeling too great about it. Afterwards, I had dinner at JP's with his brother and his brother's girlfriend. My contribution to this meal - a bottle of wine. Trust me, I was ready for a glass (or two)!

Ricky kicked my butt last night! We did a series of weights, with one minute on each machine. After that, we went upstairs on the track (11 laps = 1 mile) to do sprints.

2x 5 laps
2x 4 laps
2x 3 laps
3x 2 laps

This was the workout, but I was hurting and we only did 1x 4 laps. I was so upset that I didn't complete my whole workout. Lots of work to do in (EXACTLY) one month!

Last night I made dinner (a first in a long time), took my time to eat it (instead of scarfing it down while doing a bunch of other things), and went to bed early. It felt so great to get 8 hours of sleep. Yes, that's what I said - 8 whole hours! Over the next month I really need to get my sleep. Yesterday I got overwhelmed with everything going on in my life, and just took a deep breath and realized it's one day at a time. Plus, my abdomen has really been bothering me the past couple of weeks, which hasn't helped with the stress in my life.

Looking forward to a low key weekend. Saturday is my 2nd 20-miler of my training plan. Hopefully it won't be raining out! Hope everyone has a wonderful long run this weekend!

3 comments:

MK said...

Good luck on your long run! You'll do great!

Radioactive Tori said...

I hope you have a great run!

MNFirefly said...

Good luck! You will do great!