Tuesday, November 27, 2007

"Pretty wimpy"? My ass!

I had my follow up appointment with my PCP today. It was pretty much a waste of my time. They took my temp (normal!), blood pressure and he pounded on my back a little bit. Yes, that is the technical way to check kidneys. He asked which antibiotic they put me on. When I told him amoxicillian, he said, "oh, you had a pretty wimpy bacteria then." Hmm. Didn't seem to wimpy to me, as it promptly knocked me on my ass for a week. They don't want to do any tests until after I'm done with the antibiotic, so I have to go back in a couple of weeks.

These things gross me out, but at the same time intrigues me. Here's a picture of what E. Coli looks like under a microscope. YUCK!!!


2 comments:

David said...

I'm sure it felt anything but wimpy. Though I bet it was more the sheer volume of bacteria, versus the strength of it individually, that really took you down. Man, that must have been close to really really bad.

Mendy said...

Ughh... those types of pictures gives me the creeps. What you went through doesn't sound wimpy to me. at all.