Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Busy!

Quick recap on what's been going on lately.

Wednesday, I got my butt to the gym and ran a few miles and actually lifted. I took it easy. No need to kill myself. It went okay, but I didn't get that great feeling after a good workout.

Thursday, I had an off-site meeting and it put me near a metropark. A friend and I decided to go for a nice, easy run and enjoy the sunshine. We were planning on going 3 miles, but we got to talking so much we lost track of the distance. After 3 miles, we thought we better turn around. So, I ended up going 6 miles. That's more than I've run in a long time!

Saturday was the kick-off to Mother's Day weekend. Yes, my mom decided that she was taking over the weekend as hers. Saturday we went shopping and it was a little disappointing. Neither of us found much to spend our money on... That night I spent getting ready for the next day's dinner. JP went to the bar with friends and I was preparing food and cleaning. Hmmm... what's wrong with that picture. Actually, I ended up falling asleep on the couch watching the Spurs game.

Sunday morning I got up early to continue getting ready for my parent's to come up for the day. We had a nice dinner and spent much of the afternoon at the park, again enjoying the sunshine. It was nice to see my parents, but I was EXHAUSTED by the time they left!

Yesterday I was still tired and there was no way I was making it to the gym. By the time JP got home from work, I had already taken a 3 hour nap! Hopefully today will be better. I hate that I'm not working out, but the whole idea of it just doesn't do it for me. I need to decide soon if I'm going to train for a fall marathon. I want to, but I'm not sure I'm willing (or able) to put in the necessary training. Health-wise, things aren't great and I'm still trying to find that line between pushing myself and letting myself heal. It's been two years and I'm still at this point. It's SO frustrating.

My plan for today is to go to the gym and then get ready for the bar. We're going out to watch the Piston's kick the Bull's out of the playoffs. :)

2 comments:

Radioactive Tori said...

I have been totally slacking with working out lately. I am not sure why, but I am just not so into it. It has been so beautiful outside that I don't want to miss playing with my kids to run. Hopefully soon I will get back into running. I had planned to try to do a marathon this year, but am thinking I won't be able to now that I have slacked so much and am so out of shape.

MNFirefly said...

It's okay to be lazy once in awhile. Rest is good!