Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day weekend wrap up

First of all, thank you to all those who have served in the military (and those serving our country today). It has become too easy to forget the true meaning of Memorial Day among all of the BBQ's, boating and picnics. So, thank you.

Our weekend was good. JP and I left for Tennessee on Friday afternoon, around 4:30 p.m. We didn't kill each other after being in the car for 8 hours, and safely arrived at 1 a.m. exactly. We checked in our room and promptly crashed.

The next morning we hung out with everyone, since we had a big block of rooms. We ate some good 'ol southern food for lunch and played around in the pool until the wedding. Ah yes, the wedding. The wedding we drove 8 hours for... It lasted, literally, 10 minutes. It was outside, at the Museum of Appalachia. It had some replicas of old buildings, animals and a big grassy area where the ceremony took place. The entire ceremony consisted of: procession, "I do", "I do", short poem, prayer, done. Really. Small reception onsite with finger foods and punch. It was a done a few hours later. Not really what we have up here, but it was still a nice wedding.

We drove back on Sunday and JP powered through - getting us home in 7 hours. Yesterday, we relaxed in the morning and then did our own things. My brother is in town, so I went down to my mom and dad's to see him. After I got home, I went for a run. There is a high school about a mile away, so I went there to see if the gates would be open. It was, so I did a mile, ran the bleachers, ran a mile, ran the bleachers, ran two miles. The bleachers kicked my butt!!!!! Then, I ran home. It was about a 6 mile run, I'm guessing. It felt good and it was kinda fun being on the track. It really took me back to my high school years. Down the straight away, my body automatically responded to my sprinting days. :)

Well, it's back to work and I better get going. Another beautiful day, so it should be a good run tonight.

No comments: