Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Tell me when it's over

That's what I felt like today. After the gym won the inner battle I was having with myself on the way home (go home and take a nap, go to the gym, go home and take a nap, go to the gym...), I was trying to be positive and look forward to a good workout. Yeah. Not so much. Not only was it not fun, it was down right miserable.

I ran a mile warm up (in the freaking hot gym) on the track and thought, "okay, I need to focus here." I was planning on doing arms, so I figured I'd do my cardio workout first, arms, and then cool down with some light cardio. Since running didn't seem to be in the cards this afternoon, I got on the eliptical. After what seemed like 30 minutes, and in reality was about 10, I thought, "Hmm... I really need to get into shape." A few Oprah commerical breaks later, I thought, "Ugh. That's it? This is awful." Closely followed by, "This freaking sucks!"

I thought about all of those times when people told me they hated to work out and I simply sid, "Really? I love it!" all smiley and energy-filled. Seriously. I'm surprise I never got backhanded across the face. I was would have smacked someone if that said that to me today. It was awful! I'm beginning to understand how people can dislike working out so much. It wasn't fun, it was painful and I would have much rather been sitting on my butt or taking a nap.

Obviously, I need to find a new kind of workout. Running and being a gym rat just isn't doing it for me right now. And, to make matters worse, I told myself I really shouldn't have a beer (or two) when I got to the bar to watch the game tonight becase I haven't been working out and I shouldn't take in the extra calories. I've never been a calorie counter, but now that I really don't like to work out, I should watch it a little. :)

No comments: