Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Retail therapy

Well... $351.60 later. Make that about $450 later. Yesterday I went to pay the bill for the "parking garage incident" and it really put me in a bad mood. What I should have done was go to the gym for a really good workout to get out all of my frustrations. Instead, I did what any woman in in her right mind would do. I went shoe shopping. Found two really cute pairs of heels (below is one pair I got) and, funny enough, I haven't experienced buyers remorse yet.

After my shopping splurge, I did go to the gym. I'm on a roll - 3 days in a row! I admit I was trying to talk myself out of it, but I sucked it up and went. Ran a mile warm up, lifted and then biked. I was going to run, but I thought my body could use a little something different and that I should mix it up a bit.
I've gained a little bit of weight from not working out and JP is getting a little belly. I cook pretty healthy, but we're working on portion control with him. Anyway, over the weekend I went to Kohl's to get a wedding gift and I thought to myself that I should just see how much those George Foreman grills are and if it was something that would help us a bit. I got the best deal ever! The XXL grill was on sale from $70 to $30, and I had a $10 gift card! I snatched it up and couldn't wait to use it. Last night we used it for the first time. Grilled some fish and it was pretty good. Cleaning it wasn't as bad as I anticipated, but it did take a little bit of time.
Looking forward to another good workout tonight. I'll be back to being buff in no time! :)

1 comment:

Radioactive Tori said...

I LOVE shoes. They always make everything feel better!

Good for you for making it to the gym too!