Tuesday, February 12, 2008

So much going on!

Lots going on lately --

First, I'm really disappointed that I couldn't go to a special cocktail hour tonight. It was with the fashion director of Elle magazine. Due to the stupid snow I couldn't get there on time. I kept driving towards home and it took me 3 hours to get there. Is it spring yet!?!?!?! Seriously. How often does an opportunity like this happen? I'm really bummed I missed it, since I was really looking forward to it.

Let's see... lots of other stuff going on. Saturday I ran 6 miles on the dreaded treadmill. I figured if I was going to do a half marathon this spring, I better get on some sort of plan. The last 1 1/2 miles were a little tough, but it felt good after I was done. It was an accomplishment that I haven't done in quite a long time. Afterwards, I decided on an April 6 half marathon. It's a little close, but I think I have a strong enough foundation that I'll be okay. I'm so excited! I have a race and a training plan!

Later in the day, JP and I went to see a house that he really likes. It's beautiful, brand new and almost perfect. The downer? There's water in the basement. So... we just have to decide if it's something we can easily (and not too costly) fix and then we're done. We're not up for dealing with water issues for the next few years. Yep... we're moving forward and really thinking about our future together. It's such a fun and exciting stage of our relationship!

Sunday, we went to a farewell luncheon for a young girl from Haiti that one of JP's co-workers church sponsored to get some medical care she badly needed. She has been in the US for a few months, and actually living with JP's co-worker. It was so touching to see everyone (including the doctors who operated on her) come together to celebrate the successful operation and to hear from her (through a translater) her thankfulness for the awesome experience she had ... made possible from strangers, in a different country, speaking a language she doesn't know. It was quite powerful, to say the least. She will be returning home at the end of the month, so we were happy to be a part of the big send-off celebration.

Later that afternoon, we went to the Detroit Piston's game. Floor seats, 4th row. It was such a fun game!!!!!! Good people watching, too. Like the lip-injected, huge ass diamond ring, we think cheating on her husband with a much younger man, woman in front of us. You know, the usual... :)

Yesterday, I found out one of my best friends since elementary school is having a baby!!!!! She's due in September. Her husband is keeping his fingers crossed for a boy but regardless, it'll be fun to meet the little peanut.

Okay, I gave blood earlier today so I wasn't able to workout. So, I think it's time to get ready for bed and turn in early. Yay for warm flannel sheets!!!

3 comments:

Mendy said...

You too, huh. Our lives have been crazy busy lately too.

6 miles on a treadmill is crazy, but in your weather, I guess you have to do what you have to.

Hope the house hunting goes very well for you and JP!

MNFirefly said...

Sounds like you are putting together some great running plans.

Crissy Rae said...

That's great that you've picked a half marathon. It's always good to have a date in mind to push you to work hard and reach your goals. Good luck w/that.

Happy house hunting!