Tuesday, May 09, 2006

A New Day

Awhile back Andrea suggested I try those heatwraps during the day and see if those relieve any pain. After yesterday's session, I thought I would give it a whirl. I tried a ThermaCare Heatwrap today and, to my amazement, they really do stay warm for 8 hours. Throughout the pad there are these little discs which are the heat source. It was weird because I really didn't notice the heat, but I checked to see if it was working a few times and it was still warm. The small one fit comfortably under my clothes and it's thin enough that no one could tell it was there. I'm not sure how much it helped, but I think I'll continue trying it for a few days and see how it goes. (Scale 1-10: 7-8)

Tonight's session with Joe was okay. We're going to work on me not feeling so intimidated in the weight room. It's not that I was the only female in the room or that I can't lift that much, but I just don't know how to use most of the equipment. Tonight's workout:

3 sets:
Squats with the bar - started with 25 lbs. weights on each side and then upped it to 35 lbs. (16, 12) I was suppose to do 3 sets, but only managed two. It wasn't the weight that was the problem, it was my form and getting comfortable with the move. I kept feeling like I was going to fall backwards. Joe was right behind me and kept assuring me I wouldn't, but all I could picture was me slowing falling backwards and landing on my back with my feet in the air. Like the little kid that has too much weight in his bookbag. Yea, that's what I was picturing. We really need to work on this.
Lunges - 25 lbs. weights in each hand (10 and 10 mini pumps)
Toe taps on the bosu - 60 seconds

3 sets:
Half squat machine (16, 12, 10)
Hop ups on the step (20)
Toe taps on the bosu - 60 seconds

3 sets:
Hamstring curls (16, 12, 10)
Lunges on the bosu - each foot on a different bosu (20 each leg) - When I had to switch legs I had to jump, switch legs mid-air, land on the bosu and hold my balance. This really wasn't easy. Apparently this old guy was watching me because when I was done he walked by and told Joe what a great job I did. As he was walking away, he turned to me, smiled a toothy grin and gave me a thumbs up. Nice. Now, where are those hot guys again...?
Toe taps on the bosu - 60 seconds

2 sets:
Pull-ups (20)
Dips (20)
Toe taps on the bosu/Mountain climbers on the bosu - 60 seconds

1 set:
Stairs (5)
Abs in the chair thing (12, 10, 8)

Not too exciting of a workout, but a good one nonetheless. I'm going to be ripped any day now! :)

Oh, and the Piston's won tonight! It was a close game, but none of our shots were falling. Seriously. Rip didn't score a field goal until the 4th quarter. But, we're 2-0 as we head to Cleveland.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»