Monday, May 29, 2006

Weekend running

This weekend was hot. Heat and running together isn't ideal, but I had some pretty good workouts. This summer I'm going to be getting up at the butt-crack of dawn to avoid the heat and humidity.

Friday - Rest day. It's always been a rest day for me, but since I've been training with Joe on Saturday's, I've been getting in a few miles. We didn't meet this weekend, so I took advantage of it.

Saturday - Broke in a new pair of shoes with a fast four miles. Forgot my watch, again, so not sure of the pace. When I got to the gates of my community, I realized I forgot my gate card and my cell phone. So, I parked at the spa next door and ran home to get my card. Guess I needed some more distance for the day.

Sunday - Went 10 miles (10:00 pace) at the metro park. I intended to go earlier, but didn't want to get out of bed. It was already warm (70*) at 8 am, but the sun was behind the clouds for a majority of it so it was completely unbearable. My (cute, little) iPod was in disk mode and I couldn't get it out, so I had to run without music. (No comments on me not being tech-savvy) Blech! While my body is getting stronger, I'm still mentally weak. My mind kept wanting to think about things, but I didn't want to. I'm sure the longer I keep pushing it down, the longer and harder it's going to be to recover. But, I'm just not ready yet. When I first started there was a group of beautiful, tall, toned, fast-looking people. They were in front of me and I lost sight of them after awhile. However, when I finished they were just finishing up themselves and stretching. Ha, that made me smile.

Monday - Cross-training. Some arm work (bi's, tri's) and 45 minute on the bike - intervals. I tell ya, the bike always kicks my butt. However, if it helps tone my butt I'll do it.

No comments: