Thursday, June 15, 2006

Drinking on company time

Yep, that about sums up today. We had our all-employee meeting, which I was put in charge of. Since I HATE cheesy team building games (yet, I always seem to end up at things that require a rah-rah spirit...) and HATE all day, long, boring meetings, I decided to do exactly what I wanted to do. The first part of the day was downtown at the Hockeytown Cafe. I figured we are from "the D" so we should appreciate the fun things we often take for granted. I arrived earlier than expected and ended up sitting on a corner in downtown Detroit for about half an hour. Thankfully, it was a beautiful morning and most of the people walking around were business people going to work. Only a few cat calls.

For the afternoon part, we walked across the street for a Tiger's game. It was a perfect day for it. Since my co-worker and I were totally stressed out about this meeting for the past two weeks we made a slight detour. Detour to a bar to do a tequilla shot!!! We also got hit on and made a quick escape because the guys were pretty much not fun, cute, or interesting. Had a great time talking with everyone at the game (yeah, I don't actually watch baseball. I just like being at the game) and, of course, drinking beer. And... since it was on the company it tasted even better. :)

After the game, a group of us headed to another bar for some more drinks. The director of our office called my cell while we were there and asked where we were. He joined us for a few drinks (on him) and we had a really great time drinking on the roof of one of the bars.

While our group had slowly dwindled down, the few hard core ones went to RO to grab some food. We ordered another round and had a great time! Admittedly, I'm pretty uptight at work. I never take a lunch, get in early, stay later than 5 pm, and generally don't gossip too much. I think everyone is surprised on how laid back I can be... and that I love to drink.

Needless to say, no running tonight. I'll run tomorrow instead. Saturday has a 12-miler on the agenda. My core is sore today after our workout last night. Ricky is awesome and I'm learning so much from him. Everything we did was basically using my own body weight. Lots of slow, steady and controlled movements. The moves looked easy, but they were tough. He asked if I kept a log of my miles. I said, yes. He told me to bring it in so he could see it. I told him it was online (my blog). He gave me his email address so I could email it to him. So, I either have to send him my blog address or find an online log to transfer my miles to and send to him. I'm thinking the latter. He doesn't need to know the fine details of my life... or that I skipped a run so I could drink... :) I tell ya, this whole "getting back into shape and training" crap is really putting a kink in my drinking. :)

No comments: