Thursday, June 01, 2006

First golf lesson - and I don't totally suck

A couple of weeks ago, a few girls in the office wanted me to go golfing with them. I declined because I had never been golfing - never even touched a golf club. Last sumer I was set to learn, but ended up not able to do anything. After talking with a few more girls in the office, we all wanted to learn and decided we would sign up for a group lesson. We found a golf course nearby that had group lessons.

Today we left the office at 5 pm (something none of us ever do) and went to one of the girl's apartment nearby for a quick drink. What's golfing without beer? Another girl and I were a little nervous because we knew NOTHING about golf. A few play off and on, and a few had done it once or twice. The guys in the office told us our golf pro didn't know what he was in for. Three of us in the group are single, so we were hoping our guy was going to be a hot and single.

We got to the place and they gave those of us that don't have clubs, two to work with and a ticket to get our bucket of balls. I knew I was going to make a jackass out of myself and I did it right away. I was all worried about working the ball machine that I failed to put a bucket under it and my balls went all over the place. A (kinda cute) guy behind me smiled and told me not to worry because he had done it himself before. I think my response was, "yeah, this is going to be disastrous."

So we learned about grip, posture and how to swing. I really liked it and was having fun. I was awesome, but I could hit it. That's much more than I expected. I'm no where ready to hit the golf course yet, but I think I might head to the driving range this weekend. I never thought it would be relaxing, but it really was for me.

After I finished up my bucket, I headed to the gym. It was getting late and I didn't want to get caught in the dark, so I went to the gym. Ran four miles (10:00 pace) on the treadmill. I was SO tired this morning, that I could not get out of bed to run in the morning. Not sleepy tired. Tired like, "Oh my gosh. Even if I wanted to get out of bed I don't think my body would cooperate." Definitely not used to two-a-days. To become used to it, I'm planning on getting up tomorrow morning even though Friday is usually my day off. My abdomen has been bothering me a lot lately, more than usual, so the run wasn't the best tonight.

Well, better get to bed so I can be fresh and ready to go tomorrow.

2 comments:

mouse said...

so you didn't tell us... is the instructor hot and single? with a name like [_________] (I can't remember his name!), it sounds like he would be. :)

Radioactive Tori said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! When did you finish all your medical crap? How long did it take you to get back to running? I started walking just now, but can't even imagine trying to run yet. Granted, it has only been two weeks since the hysterectomy, but I am getting impatient! Anyway, good to meet you! AND, *was* he cute????