Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Whirlwind of a day

What a day. It started with an early morning run (3 miles - 10:00 pace). Surprisingly it wasn't that bad getting up. I only wanted to do two two-a-days a week, but I think I might run two days and cross train the others just so I get use to waking up early. Wow! Did I just say that?

The work day went by in a flash and I felt as though I got nothing accomplished. The culprit? Meetings. I really hate meetings. GM is notorious for their marathon meetings (and meetings to talk about setting up meetings - seriously) and I'm glad to be away from that part of it, but now if I have more than 2 meetings in one day I feel as though my day is completely shot. Today I had 4, which makes it difficult to get any work done. One meeting was so I could learn about budgeting and billing. Whoo hooo. Am I really wanting to get my MBA? Although my head was swimming afterwards, it was interesting to see that side of the business. And, since we charge for our time, it was a little weird to see how the hours I work translate into revenue.

After work, Julie and I did our Tuesday night run/walk. She is improving and I'm proud of her, but I wish she were a little more dedicated. As in, I wish she would run the mileage that she is suppose to run. We were out for about 45 minutes and ran more than last time, and I could tell she was proud of herself. And, that is what it is all about.

Since I'm not sure the mileage breakdowns around the office, I came home to do my speed workout. I was scheduled to do a 5 mile pace run (2 miles easy, 2 miles pace, 1 mile easy) but due to time and the fact that I had already worked out twice, I decided to do 1 easy, 2 pace, 1 easy. My pace miles were actually a bit too fast. I'm going to have to remember how certain paces feel. It's hard when I'm coming from every pace being difficult and feeling forced.

Of course, my pain update. I hate writing about this, but I know I need to keep a record so here it is. Woke up with stabbing pain and it continued through the day, mostly on the right side (Scale 1-10: 5-7). Tonight had the burning feeling, but on the right side instead of the middle, which I don't think I've had before. I've also been having some shooting pains down my left leg, same area as when I was in PT. This started on Sunday and have been off and on through today.

To end on a happier note... a friend of mine from high school called me today and told me she is getting married. And the wedding is Labor Day weekend. And she just accepted a new job in Floriday. CK is one of those friends that I don't talk to on a regular basis, but we've maintained a friendship over the years. I'm so happy for her and can't wait for the wedding!

No comments: