Saturday, June 03, 2006

Ten not-so-easy-miles

This morning I got up, choked down some oatmeal (I like it during the week, but don't on the weekends. Weird.) and went to the metro park to run my 10 miles. I was just under 10:00 pace, and it was not easy. I miss the days where I finished a long run (even when it was an 18 or 20 miler) and think, "hmmm, I'm done. I could keep going if I needed to." Today I was thinking, "ugghhh... I'm almost done." It wasn't that the pace was outrageously fast - I was staying consistent and didn't feel like I was spriniting - I'm just not strong enough yet.

The only real excitment during the run was when I came across two swans and their babies. Swans (among other large birds that could potentially attack me) FREAK ME OUT! I thought for sure that they were going to bite me, cause me to fall to the ground and peck my eyes out. They were on the grass near the right side of the path. I moved over to the grass on the left side of the grass and didn't take my eyes off of them. I didn't want them to sneak up on me. I was severely traumatized as a child.

Tommorow, I'm going to the Dexter-Ann Arbor race to cheer mouse on. I told her this will be the first time I've ever gone to a race, stood with a Starbucks in my hand and just watch.

Hopefully afterwards it will be nice out so I can go to the driving range. Oh, so my golf pro is so not hot, young and single. We all agreed that Joel sounded like a hot golf pro name. Not this guy. He's an older guy, not hot and I didn't do a ring check, so I can't confirm if he's single. He's nice though and did take on seven of us girls. I'm kinda bummed. Neither my personal trainer nor my golf pro are attractive young men that want to date me. Something is wrong with this picture.

No comments: