Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I am grumpy

That's how I've been feeling this week - not sure why. Monday I had a great workout with Ricky. I really like him already and I think he's going to help me get back into shape and improve a lot. Our session on Monday was a killer workout, but those are the ones I enjoy the most. Halfway through (as I was doing pushups on a medicine ball) he said, "You're a tough cookie. I like working out with tough people." We did lots of upper body, about 180 m repeats and then lots of legs. My hamstrings are really weak, so we'll be focusing on that!

Yesterday I was pretty tired and grumpy all day. Not really sure why. Even though I was tired, I did my 6 miles (9:30 pace) and felt a little better afterwards. I was exhausted though and I think I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Tonight we had an easier workout. We did some light upper body, not too much running and focused on core. I think his comment during core was, "come on, you're too strong to have such a weak core." Yeah, tell me about it.

Tomorrow I am planning on getting up early to run. Last week my body was adjusting to the new workout style and I was simply exhausted. And, tomorrow night is our next golf lesson. Hopefully the rain will hold off.

So, that's been the week thus far. Hopefully I'll be a little more cheery as the week goes on.

No comments: