Monday, June 26, 2006

Two workouts today!

Today I got up early and ran 3 miles (10:00 pace) before work. It wasn't as terrible as the last run and I actually enjoy watching the local news before work.

I wore my KICK ASS red heels today and got lots of compliments. I was the envy of all the girls today! :) Of course, I had to wear a skirt because I didn't want them to be covered up by pants. I LOVE MY HOT RED HIGH HEELS!

Tonight I had a really fun workout wit Ricky. We started with some weigthts - hamstrings, bi's, tri's ad deltoids. From there, we did a pool workout. It was great resistence training, but also helped since my hip/hamstring is still a bit sore. It's definitely getting better though. Ricky is a great coach and I'm really enjoying working out with him.

Part of me really enjoys workout out and I do get excited thinking about a training plan, getting ready for my race, etc. But, there is another part of me that just dreads running and sometimes I don't enjoy doing it once I'm out there (notice, no comments on Saturday's long run... perfect example). Not sure what my deal is, but I need to figure it out and get out of this funk. I woke up with a lot of pain and it was more painful than usual throughout the day - not sure why. That's another frustrating thing. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Next week is my appointment, so I'm looking forward to (hopefully) getting some answers. Or, at least some suggestions for alternatives.

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

Hang in there! Hopefully your appointment will help with the funk.