Thursday, June 29, 2006

Goodbye Space Cowboy

It was a little difficult getting out of bed this morning, but I got up and headed over to the gym. I was feeling like shit, so I could only handle two miles. It just felt forced and my abdomen was killing me.

Work was stressful today. I got in early, but didn't get much done because I was talking with one of the guys about last night's draft. On the way in, I heard we traded Mo Evans ("... some people call me Maurice...") and I was so sad. He hadn't heard that and so we did a mad search to try and find it. There was nothing online (local papers or the NBA or Piston's site). We figured since there wasn't anything I must have been wrong - I was never so happy to be wrong before. It was bothering me so I continued to search. I should have stoped while I was ahead and believed it wasn't true. Yep, we traded Mo for some guy from the Lakers to warm the bench.

And, to add to a stressful day, I unexpectantly started. WTF! No wonder I felt so crappy during my morning run. I also wonder if that is why I've been hurting so much recently.

Our last golf lesson was tonight, but it got pushed back an hour. We were hoping to go to happy hour before but it didn't work out. And, I could have used a drink. :) We learned chipping and pitching today, and practiced our driving. I haven't held a club since my last lesson, but I didn't forget as much as I expected. My abdomen was hurting and I thougt that I was going to have to stop because I could barely stand bending down to put another ball on the tee. Tonight I was scheduled for a 3 mile run, but there was no way I could do it without being in pain the whole time. So, I opted not to do it and hopefully tomorrow will be better. See, positive thinking right here. :)

2 comments:

Radioactive Tori said...

I had planned to run today and totally ended up stalling so much that I ran out of time. I am hoping to get up early tomorrow and run. See, I'm a positive thinker too!

MNFirefly said...

Have you had your stomach looked at? You sound like you are in a lot of pain.