Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Goodbye Katie

I'm a huge "Today" fan and have been wondering when all of the rumors would become reality. On this morning's show, Katie Couric announced that she is leaving the "Today" show to anchor the CBS Nightly News. When the rumors first started, I asked myself why she would go from the number one morning talk show to the number three nightly news show. Answer: She is the first female to anchor the nightly news (joining the ranks of the greats - Tom Brokaw and Peter Jennings. Walter Cronkit was before my time and I wasn't a big Dan Rather fan). Well, that and CBS bettered her $15 million/year paycheck... I've always been an admirer of Couric, but I'm hesitant to see how this pans out. Best of luck to her though! (For a flip-side story on the perky media queen try the book "Spin Sisters." It's an interesting look into the high-powered women in media. And yes, I am a big nerd.)

Today I did 3 miles on the treadmill (11:30 pace) and light abs (30-20-10). Not very exciting, but it was enough for today. My abdomen hurt quite a bit today and I had the burning feeling across the incision for most of the day. That was the first time it lasted for more than a couple of seconds or minutes. It's hard to put a number on it though since it's such a different feeling. The massager was okay last night. It was too intense to put directly on my skin, so I had to do it over my clothing.

Oh, also in the news today: Eminem and his wife filed for divorce. Again. Who didn't see that coming?

No comments: