Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Great and Mighty Bosu Ball

Today's session with Joe was a good workout. We did a full body workout and I can tell I've come a ways in just two weeks.

After a ten minute warm up on the eliptical we started with a series of walking lunges around the track with the bar, followed by two one-minute laps. Whew, way to get the heart pumping. From there we did squats and lots and lots of core workouts with the bosu and medicine balsl. These exercises were relatively simple - if you have balance and core muscles... which I am seriously lacking. He's great about pushing me and he already knows how stuborn, I mean dedicated, I am. If I touched the ground, we started over. If I stopped, we started over. I'm definitely glad he's my trainer - no shortcuts here. I can already tell my core is feeling it. A long way to go, but I'm on the right path. I was getting pretty pissed during some of the exercises, simply because I couldn't do it. Seriously, how hard is it to sit on a ball and balance? For me, extremely hard. The amount of focusing I had to do was insane. Anyway, I think the bosu ball is going to be my new best friend.

No comments: