Saturday, April 15, 2006

I'm never going out...

... on a weekday again. Ever. Thursday after work, some of the girls from the office invited me to go out with them. It was a beautiful spring day and the office was closed on Friday, so why not? I told them I had to workout first, but would meet up with them. It sounded like so much fun and I was definitely up for going out.

I went home and ran five miles (about a 10:00 pace). Usually I like to do an out and back, just in case, but being the adventurous one that I am, I did a four mile square (with a half mile out and back). Way to live on the edge. The run was okay, no thanks to the obnixous guys that feel the need to honk and catcall me while I'm running. Seriously.

Afer my run, I went home and got ready to meet up with my friends in B-ham and the RO. The reason for the night was to allow on of the girls to drown her sorrows. Guys suck. I ended up being the DD, which was fine. We had a good night of drinking (water) and dancing. I meet a guy at the last bar, but have no expectations of him calling.

After a late-night, greasy food run, I finally went to bed at 4:30 am. Only to wake up at 6:30 am because I had to go down to Monroe to get my taxes done. Stupid taxes. I was okay for most of the morning, but driving back to my apartment was awful. I thought for sure I was going to fall asleep at the wheel. I came home, put on my PJs and went to bed for a few hours. It was so beautiful out and I felt bad to be wasting it, but I was SO tired.

This morning I met with Joe and was completely worthless. Even though I slept most of yesterday, I wasn't with it. Still tired and couldn't focus very well. We did a lot of core with the bosu balls and arms. I told him I am never going out during the week again!

I'm going out tonight (hey, it's the weekend) with friends from high school. Not sure exactly what we're going to do yet because half of us are up for a wild night on the town and the other half are more about having a beer and going home early. Notheless, I'm glad I'm looking forward to going out. It's been a while since I haven't had to force myself to have fun!

Scale of 1-10: 6 - stabbing pains on the left.

No comments: