Tuesday, April 04, 2006

The many uses of a vibrator

I went to the store today to pick up something and I noticed a mini Homedics, battery operated mini massager. It looks like a little space ship with three arms coming out of it. My PT wanted me to get something like that to run across my abdomen to get it used to different textures and sensations. Actually, she asked if I had a vibrator and I could use that if I wanted. Hmmm... I think I'll stick to my mini massager.

After college I started reading a wide variety of publications - after all, I am in the PR industry. I still don't like the magazines with headlines that read something to the affect of, "How to lose 20 pounds in 5 days without eating healthy or working out." I am a HUGE fan of "Women's Health" and ready every last letter in it. It's a perfect combination of women's health issues, working out, fashion that would relate to the more athletic woman, etc. Today my InStyle is waiting for me and I'm excited to see the new spring look. No, it's not Wired or Hour Detroit but I'm still learning. Plus, my career depends on it. :)

Today I worked out with Joe and we focused on arms. Talk about muscle exhaustion! We did all the usual machines, lots of push ups and dips. Uggg... I'm pretty much counting on not being able to do my hair tomorrow BECAUSE I WON'T BE ABLE TO LIFT MY ARMS THAT HIGH! Even though my arms were so weak at the end, at least my calf muscles were starting to loosen up. All I have to say is that I better be freaking ripped in six months!

My stomach hurt a lot today (base pain - 6) with the shooting, stabbing pains on the right side (7 on a scale of 1-10). It hurt during my workout too, but I pushed through. I don't know if that's the right thing to do, but I don't think any of my doctors could give me a definite answer. Plus, my PT said there were no restrictions. I took two Alleve this afternoon, knowing full well it wouldn't even take the edge off but hoped it would anyway. I know, I know, it just takes time and trying new things. Guess I better go see how the massager works...

No comments: