Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Guilty Pleasures

Another great PT session... well, not really. Still lots of pain and it's going to, "just take time." As I was laying on the table all I could think of was, "Seriously. Who signs up for an hour of letting someone cause you extreme pain?" The rest of the day my entire mid-section hurt. Scale 1-10: 6 continuous pain.

Today I ran three miles (10:00 pace) and lots and lots of push ups (on the bosu) and limited crunches. Again, I love running with my (cute, little) iPod. I wanted to do four miles, but three was pushing it. I hate how I feel after PT. I'm always so sore for the rest of the day.

Enough serious stuff. I came across a great little book in my office's library, "The Enclyclopedia of Guilty Pleasures: 1,001 Things You Hate to Love" by Sam Stall, Lou Harry, and Julia Spalding. Here's one excerpt:

"American Gladiators Was this ultra-low-budget program truly a game show? Maybe, but instead of answering lame-brain questions from an emcee, contestants tried to overpower a pack of muscle-bound spandex-clad "gladiators" with bad stripper names like Zap, Nitro, and Laser. Hapless participants, most of them half the size of their opponents, would do everything from run obstacle courses to play a particularly violent-looking game of half-field football called Powerball. The show ran from 1989-1997 and ushered in a whole new type of "game show" - the trial by ordeal, as perfected by the likes of Fear Factor and Survivor."

I will admit it. I wached American Gladiators... didn't Powerball look like so much fun!?! Come on, I know you secretly watched it too.




No comments: